Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Love

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
~ Lao Tzu
- - - - -

Today is the day that my friends El Unicornio and Rockstar have their ceremony. I thought it would be nice if I gave them some advice. Not that I'm in any position to give advice, but I think I would like to be an advice columnist, so I will practice on them. Mainly because they're relationship is durable enough to endure my practicing.

1. If you can't laugh with your partner, laugh at him. If you can't laugh at him go someplace private where you can laugh at him.

2. It is good to have non-swear / non-profane nicknames for one another (Ex: not "asshole" or "jackass" or "ass"). You've already done that, so good job. Also, I think "El Unicornio and the Rockstar" would make a great children's cartoon.

3. Remember that "love" spelled backwards is "evil."

4. All good relationships are not built on compromise. They are built on being right and being patient and letting the other person pretend he is right once in a while. But not telling him that you are pretending is pretty important or else you end up in a big fight.

5. "Happily ever after" is summative not formative. I think. If I understand those concepts correctly. If I don't understand those concepts correctly, I blame the faculty in my doctoral program.

No comments:

Post a Comment