Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Travel

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain
- - - - -
When I used to live in Iowa City and I worked at the newspaper (a job I didn't really care for), I used to imagine what it would be like if I didn't take the turn that I needed to to go to work. What if I just kept driving and headed... east? I think I was driving east when I used to think this. What would it matter if I didn't go to work but just went to West Branch. West Branch? I think that's the name of the town where President Hoover was born. Or further even. Wait, West Branch is east of Iowa City? I guess it could be.

Anyway, since my geography isn't too good, I just kept going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment