Search This Blog

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Beads


Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- - - - -

First of all, let me make it perfectly clear that there were NO signs in the bead store that said, "photography prohibited." Secondly, when the woman came up to confront me, she did a fairly nice job. She didn't make a scene or say anything offensive. No, what she said was, "We generally don't allow photography of our displays in the store."

Okay, so that's where I have the problem. I took the above photo - trying to get the rainbow of beads in the picture. Why? I hadn't decided. But let's examine what she said to me, "We generally don't allow photography..." Okay, so there are some exceptions to that policy? What are they? When have they allowed photography in the past?

Second, "... of our displays in the store." This is where I really struggle. Their display consisted of strings of beads hanging on the wall of the store. Sorry, bead store woman, I didn't mean to capture your innovative bead-display technique for others. I'm sure now that will be all the rage in bead stores. Sorry.


1 comment:

  1. yeah, what is that with some shops...i nearly got hauled away by the police in crate & barrel in chicago once. and what i was photographing was actually my CHILD. who happened to be located in the store.

    ReplyDelete