Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa

The Santa myth is one of the most effective means ever devised for intimidating children, eroding their self- esteem, twisting their behavior, warping their values, and slowing their development of critical thinking skills.
~ Tom Flynn
- - - - -

So, I was going to write something cute about Chris' dad (in the photo above) looking like Santa Claus. About how maybe if your dad or grandpa was Santa that your birthday was a real let down. Especially if your birthday was right around the holidays because I bet Santa is really stressed before (and working a lot of extra hours) and then exhausted afterward.

Anyway, then I found that Tom Flynn quote and now I'm just kind of bummed out. Mainly because he's right.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. We've decided not to tell Norah that there's a Santa as she grows up. I'm pretty excited to have my kid by the kid that ruins it for the rest of the five year olds. The angry parent phone calls from kindergarten are going to be priceless.

    ReplyDelete