Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Sharing


Trouble is part of your life -- if you don't share it, you don't give the person who loves you a chance to love you enough.
~ Dinah Shore
- - - - -

I'm glad I didn't have any sisters. I don't think I'm strong enough to have a sister. I know how I was as a sister. I wouldn't have liked having me as a sister. Maybe I'm just not strong enough to have myself as a sister. Which means I'm also glad I'm not an identical twin.

It does not mean that I'm glad that I don't have a bio-robot duplicate of myself. That I wouldn't mind having at all. As long as it didn't try to take over everything. But that only happens in the movies. I'm sure my bio-robot would be really nice. Like me.

4 comments:

  1. Ummmmm...I love this!!! Yes, I have a sister and yes she is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. However, I can remember certain fights or teasing that caused great despair in our lives. One for instance, was a LONG road trip to Michigan. We rode three to a back seat of the faux wood sided station wagon. This is the way I remember it...she was picking on me for a long, long time and I finally, as the little sister had had enough. I reached over, and pulled her hair really hard. So hard, my hand sat in my lap with a big wad of her hair still in it. I felt bad, so I asked her if she would like it back. She did not like that too well and still brings this very thing up at the drop of a hat. Colleen,"Remember the time....????" But I do love her now more than I think I did back then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's interesting that the other commenter wrote more than you actually wrote in your blog post...and oddly, i feel like i remember that faux wood station wagon...and a big wad of hair, tho' i think that was a bulgarian policeman, not my sister. but i can't be sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. Yes, this is Jamie and I in younger years. She was soo mean to me most of the time. And when she was not taking my stuff, I was taking hers. Ahh....it goes on DAILY here at our house with three girls. Do they make enough vodka and xanax to survive the teenage years? I am beginning to think not. Love the post...and always love your blog.

    ReplyDelete