Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Radio

I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide...”
~ Mitch Hedberg
- - - - -
For a short while I worked for a public radio station in California. I only got to talk on the radio during the public service announcements. I would say that name of the piece that had just played and then something about thanking Culligan Water or whomever for sponsoring.

The day that I said we had just played a piece by "duh-vor-ack," I got in a LOT of trouble. That is not how you say Dvorak.

I also got to start the station a couple of mornings. I really wanted to put on some Metallica or something to get the blood going of those three 80-somethings who were up and listening at 4 a.m. I never did, though. After the Dvorak incident, I was scared to do anything too radical.

No comments:

Post a Comment