Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cold

As love without esteem is capricious and volatile;
esteem without love is languid and cold.
~ Jonathan Swift
- - - - -

You know what I discovered the other day? If you dress really warmly you aren't cold even when it's cold out. You know what else I discovered? It doesn't matter because I still hate cold weather.

"Why do you live in Iowa?" you ask. And I respond with a riddle...

Why does a grasshopper hop even when his legs are tired? Why does a cricket chirp when his legs are tired? Why did my parents take me to that weird little amusement park with the "dancing chicken" and not tell me there was a hotplate under the blanket it "danced" on?

When you can answer those questions, you will no longer care about the question you asked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment