Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Restaurants

All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. Great works are often born on a street corner or in a restaurant's revolving door.
~ Albert Camus
- - - - -

On a recent visit to Minneapolis for a conference, I had dinner with my brother and Jared one night. When Kirk picked me up, he asked, "Where do you want to eat?" I had written him earlier and said that I wanted seafood. He brought print outs of a few menus. None of them were seafood places.

Kirk: You don't like sushi, do you?

Me: Yes, I like sushi.

Kirk: (excitedly) REALLY?!! We could —

Me: (interrupting) But I don't want sushi tonight.

Kirk: (dejectedly) Oh.

(pause while I read over non-seafood print-out menus)

Me: What about this place? Psycho Suzi's?

Kirk: (excitedly) REALLY?!! We could go there! It's awesome. They don't have seafood though.

Me: I know, but they have deviled eggs. This is the second restaurant in the cities where I've seen deviled eggs on the menu.

Kirk: (excitedly) REALLY?!! They're really good deviled eggs, too. You want to go there? It's a tiki place.

Me: (excitedly) REALLY?!! I love tiki.

So we went to Psycho Suzi's. In case you're planning on going there, don't go where we went because they're moving down the street, so go down the street. It was awesome.


1 comment: