Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Buddhism

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
~ Buddha
- - - - -

Elizabeth: Michelle?

Me: What?

Elizabeth: Tomorrow night do you think you could explain Buddhism to me? We have a test on it and it makes no sense.

I am filled with both excitement about sharing my enthusiasm about the topic even if I have very limited knowledge about it and also filled with intimidation because I'm not an expert. I wonder if any of the following will suffice for her exam:

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
~ Buddha

The mind is everything. What you think you become.
~ Buddha

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.
~ Buddha

I think any of these would make a great answer to a test question: "What is Buddhism?"
Or maybe this:

When you seek it, you cannot find it.
~ Zen proverb

I wonder if I'm the best person to be helping her with this...

1 comment:

  1. it might help her to follow the dalai lama on twitter...

    ReplyDelete