Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Coffee

The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- - - - -

I don't like coffee. I like the idea of coffee. I like the smell of coffee. But it tastes icky to me.

Another thing that is unpleasant early in the morning is when I stop for gas somedays on my way home from Crossfit and the gas station already has hotdogs, corndogs, bratwurst, and these strange sausage-egg link things on the rolling roaster. It makes me wonder if anyone ever eats a bratwurst at 6:30 a.m. or if it just takes the rolling roaster 5 hours to cook them.

If you like a bratwurst first thing in the morning, I don't judge you for that. Just like if you drink coffee I don't judge you for that.

No, I judge you for other things.

1 comment:

  1. icky. now there's a word we don't see enough of these days...

    ReplyDelete