Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fishing

I love fishing. You put that line in the water and
you don't know what's on the other end.
Your imagination is under there.
~Robert Altman

-----

This is the dock where I caught a fish that, while I was reeling it in, was bitten by another fish. I almost was able to get them both in, but the bigger fish let go at the last second.

There are not photos which capture that experience.

There also were no witnesses besides the person doing the fishing.

I think that's the way fishing is supposed to be, though. The best stories only have one witness. Unless you count the fish.

1 comment:

  1. This post = golden. Sums up all fishing experiences into one. Well, except you forgot the part where the fish was eight inches when you caught it but then it was twelve when you retold it the first time, fourteen the second, etc.

    ReplyDelete