Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

Turtle

Anytime you see a turtle up on top of a fence post, you know he had some help.
~ Alex Haley

-----

So, when I was out driving around, I saw this turtle on the road. I got on the ground and took some pictures of it. What is interesting is that the expression on the turtle's face is the same as the one on our cat's face most of the time. Disdain, annoyance, suspicion.

I doubt that he gave me much consideration or that he compared me to other animals he knew. If he did, though, I hope he compared me to a rhinocerous. The rhino is one of my favorite animals and I think maybe a rhinocerous and a turtle could find some things in common and become friends.

But, now that I think about it, how would he have even known what a rhinocerous is? Maybe one time he crawled past someone's window and they were watching discovery channel or something. And as slow as turtles are, maybe he got to see most of the program before he got past their window.

No comments:

Post a Comment