Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Mail

Letters are among the most significant memorial a person can leave behind them.
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

-----

You go into a letter all alone. Maybe with your friend in mind as you write, but the trip is just yours. It's a chance to tell your version of the facts and to create a document substantiating said facts.

Email is better than a phone call (to me), but it's still interactive. I think I most enjoy letters because I go uninterrupted in the storytelling -- though occasionally interrupted in the writing.

I wrote two letters a few weeks ago. I used to write letters all the time. I need to go back to that. I'm sure people are anxiously awaiting what I have to say to them -- and just to them.

1 comment:

  1. I'd accept a letter. And, hey, I'd probably even write back ;-)

    ReplyDelete