Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Unexpected


If you do not expect the unexpected, you will not find it; for it is hard to be sought out and difficult.
~ Heraclitus

-----

I once heard a comedian say that he practiced "Zen Driving" and just assumed the person in front of him was going where he needed to be. That sums up my day off today. I didn't follow anyone, but took roads from one small town to another. I got lost at one point, but had a general idea of where I needed to go. I also happened to have an atlas, which was helpful.

Plus, in Iowa, you can usually see the next town on the horizon because there's not a lot to block the view.

When I go driving, I find very random things. Like all these shoes / boots on the fence posts. I don't know why they were there, how long they'd been there, etc. But there were hundreds of boots and shoes. I don't know if I'd prefer to know the real story behind this display or if I'd rather make up my own.

(Pause)

Make up my own. I just decided.



No comments:

Post a Comment