Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Monkey

I swear by that old expression, 'One monkey don't stop no show!'
The reality is, we still have some good men out there,
and we should hail those men as the kings they are.
~ Angie Stone
- - - - -

1. I hate seeing monkeys in clothes. HATE it. However, I am not bothered by sock monkeys in clothes. Probably because they're made OUT of clothes.

2. "One monkey don't stop no show?" It must be a VERY old expression. I've never heard it. And let me tell you, if one monkey ran across the stage at one of E's middle school band concerts, I guarantee you it would stop that show. So not only is it an old expression, it is a lie.



2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that the monkey would stop the show--I think it would become the show. I mean, a monkey loose in a middle school concert? I'd slip a $20 to the band boosters to see that. -mac

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? you have never heard that saying before? It is one of my hubby's favorites. Maybe it is a southern saying? Is Angie Stone from the south? You are also not supposed to sweep someone's feet in the south, and I didn't get that one either.

    ReplyDelete