Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Photography

Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.
~ Henri Cartier-Bresson
-----

Today is my dad's birthday. I think I got my interest in photography from him. He was always taking pictures. Except he didn't take photos, he took slides. And he didn't post them on a blog, he would sequester people in the basement to look at them. As a viewer, I prefer the blog. As a subject of the photographs (particularly in the process of documenting my childhood), I prefer the sequestered slide show. Not nearly as public.

The girls are actually really good sports about my blogging them. Of course, they don't read my blog, so that could be a major contributing factor.

If my parents had blogged about my teen years, I don't think it would have been very interesting. It probably would have read something like this:

"Day 497: She is still angry. Still sitting in room. Hates all of humanity. Would probably do a nice job working in student affairs..."

No comments:

Post a Comment