Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

Painting

All art is exorcism. I paint dreams and visions too; the dreams and visions of my time. Painting is the effort to produce order; order in yourself. There is much chaos in me, much chaos in our time.
~ Otto Dix
-----

Last year I took a week off to refinish the kitchen cabinets. They turned out fine.

At one point, Chris said they HAD to be done by Friday night because Maddie was having a sleepover. By "done" I thought she meant they had to be mostly done, but that the doors didn't have to be put back on, etc. By "done" what she actually meant is that they had to be completely finished. How could I have known that?!

That is about the time that I made the observation, "Now I know why there's not a Wii game called Paint the Kitchen Cabinets."

No comments:

Post a Comment