Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Chess

A draw may be the beautiful and logical result of fine attacks and parries; and the public ought to appreciate such games, in contrast, of course, to the fear-and-laziness draws.  
~  Bent Larsen
- - - - -

One time, I think in second or third grade, I had to go to the "losers bracket" because Joel Hanson and I were playing checkers and we got to the point where neither one of us could move because we had blocked each other in.  According to our teacher, I "lost" because it was my turn and I couldn't make a move.  

Seriously?  Never heard of something called a "draw" or a "do-over?"  Seriously, if you can't have do-overs in grade school, when do you get them?

And, for the record, I know that the photo above is of chess pieces and not checkers.  But what are chess pieces, other than checkers with hats on?

No comments:

Post a Comment