Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kids





Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: 
"I'm with you kid.  Let's go."
~ Maya Angelou
- - - - -

I love photography.  You may have surmised that.  On a recent trip to Davis, CA, I had a chance to meet Jordan.  I believe I have inspired in him a love of photography, as well.

We were driving to the ocean and I was taking some photos with my camera.  Jordan was good, but maybe a little bored on the car trip.  So I gave him my phone and showed him how to use the camera on it.  He took about 391 photos of the back of the seat in front of him.

I learned a number of things from this.

1. Kids take to technology easily, quickly, and comfortably.
2. If you let them use your technology once, they will want to use it again.  And again.  And always.
3. The view from the back seat of a minivan - even a "swagger wagon" - is mostly boring.
4. Photography is awesome. 

Okay, I already knew that last one.  It just got reiterated to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment