Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Power

Far better to think historically, to remember the lessons of the past.  Thus, far better to conceive of power as consisting in part of the knowledge of when not to use all the power you have.  Far better to be one who knows that if you reserve the power not to use all your power, you will lead others far more successfully and well.
~ A. Bartlett Giamatti
- - - - -

This photo is ironic because it shows solar power and power lines.  Well, they could be phone lines.  You know what I wish?  You think I'm going to say I wish we would use more renewable energy.  Sure.  Okay.  That would be good, I suppose.

But what I was going to say is that wouldn't it be cool if there was a superhero and instead of being The Bionic Woman she would be The Ironic Woman?  Her superpower would be making people stop and think.  Which would really be the most amazing superpower of all, wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment