Search This Blog

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Relaxing

I learned very early that an audience would relax and look at things differently if they felt they could laugh with you from time to time. There's an energy that comes through the release of tension that is laughter.
~ Twyla Tharp

- - - - -

After we watched "Shutter Island" and then I picked "Big" to try and get people to quit being freaked out about "Shutter Island" before bedtime, Maddie got to choose something for us to watch.  She chose an episode of "Shark Week" about the USS Indianapolis which was sunk by a torpedo and then the men had to try and survive for five days until they were rescued - during which time they were attacked by sharks as well as other perils.

I told Maddie I was glad I didn't have to sleep in the basement like she did because if the world flooded overnight, that is probably where the sharks would go first.

No comments:

Post a Comment