Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Choices

I enjoy my life.
~ Kirk Boettcher
- - - - -

So, my brother posted that quote on his Facebook yesterday.  It was under a photo of Jared with Vegas (the dog, not the city).  And it got me to thinking...  How many people really do enjoy their lives?  Do I?

I didn't have to think about it for too long before I decided that I DO enjoy my life.  I remember having a conversation with my friend Kurt several years ago - maybe I've already blogged about this.  Anyway, I remember saying that it takes work to be happy.  You can be sad or angry with less effort.

Enjoying life takes effort, too.  It is an active choice.  I think it means you have to get out there and do something with it.  For some people it might mean playing with their dogs.  For others it could be reading a book.  For others it could be writing a book about people playing with their dogs.  For some dogs it could be sitting around playing poker while an artist paints you.

No comments:

Post a Comment