Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Plants

Trees and plants always look like the people they live with, somehow.
~ Zora Neale Hurston
- - - - -

I went to talented and gifted camp (or so they told me, upon my arrival, I wasn't so sure) one summer.  We got to choose activities to do.  I did a photography activity where they taught you to do photography.  I don't remember a single things about that except that we walked past some of these things in the photo above and the photography teacher guy said that if you cooked them over a campfire they tasted just like corndogs.

I'm pretty sure he was lying.  I can't say for sure because I've never tried it.

I think it might have actually been some sort of hazing camp.

1 comment:

  1. you can eat their tubers they taste starchy like potatoes. Their inflorescence not so much.

    ReplyDelete