Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Camera

There are no bad photographs.  That's just how your face looks sometimes.
~ Abraham Lincoln
- - - - -

I'm glad that I'm not a celebrity.  I'm way too introverted for that.  To not be able to go out and watch people and listen and even just be in public spaces in alone sorts of ways...  that would be displeasing to me.  I like doing those things.  Sometimes watching and listening - invisible in the crowd - is where I get some of my best ideas and hear some of the most interesting conversations.

And people are always "out to get" celebrities in photos.  Sadly, it seems the more unflattering the photo the more anxious photographers are to get the photo.  It doesn't amaze me that they get so many "bad" photos of people.  It amazes me that there aren't more of them.  Sometimes when I'm watching TV and I pause it to answer the phone or go do something, the expression I capture on the screen is terribly unflattering.  

Ultimately, the fact that we are excited to consume negative stories and photos and "stuff" about others says much more about us than it does about them.  You are what you consume, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment