Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fool

April is the cruelest month, 
breeding lilacs out of the dead land,
mixing memory and desire,
stirring dull roots with spring rain.
~ T. S. Eliot
- - - - -

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me three times, please don't hang around me anymore.

I love April Fool's Day.  It is my favorite holiday.  Well, maybe Thanksgiving is.  NOPE! TRICKED YOU!  It's April Fool's Day.  No.  Really it is Thanksgiving.

I would hate if they combined April Fool's Day and Thanksgiving in one holiday, though.  You wouldn't know whether to be thankful or just on your guard all the time.

Of course, maybe it is wise to be thankful and on your guard all the time.

I bet turkeys who survive Thanksgiving are like that.  Especially in November.

What am I saying?!  They don't have calendars!

I do think I saw a wild turkey over the weekend when I was driving.  I think I saw it twice.  It looked kind of scrawny, though.  Maybe it was a pheasant.  Or a Canadian goose.  It wasn't a goose.  I don't know what it was.

A turkey I think.

I also would hate if they combined April Fool's Day and Thanksgiving because that would cut out all the months in between.  And July 6th is my favorite holiday.

I just really like holidays, I think.

The way this post reads you'd think I was spending a little too much time with Wild Turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment