Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Nest


Clay is molded to form a cup, but it is on its non-being that the utility of the cup depends.  Doors and windows are cut out to make a room, but it is on it's non-being that the utility of the room depends.  Therefore, turn being into advantage, and turn non-being into utility.
~ Lao Tzu
- - - - - 

I have a friend who refers to her bed as her nest.  At least I assume that is what she is referring to.  I suppose it is possible that she has constructed an ACTUAL nest.  If that is the case, I picture it like Big Bird's nest on Sesame Street.  But, no, I think it is her bed.  Regardless, I like the image.  It is a place of safety and quiet - away from the world, but part of the world.  

I do think you need to be careful if you order breakfast in bed if you sleep in a nest, though.  Momma birds aren't known for their culinary expertise or housekeeping, though the service is good.