Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Poke

You may poke a man's fire after you have known him for seven years.
~ English Proverb
- - - - -

 A while back I was on Facebook - well, I was on it recently, too, but that isn't the point of this post.  Anyway, I was on Facebook and I saw that it was Brad's birthday.  I just about wrote him a birthday haiku - which is what I do on Facebook when I see it's someone's birthday and I have a moment to write a haiku for him or her.

Well, then I realized that he wasn't showing up in the birthday part, but in the poke part.  It wasn't his birthday.  TODAY is his birthday.  So I'm writing this to post on his birthday - which is about 10 months from now.  

This proves that I am a thoughtful friend.  And forward-thinking.  And easily confused by Facebook technology.