Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Birthday


 Solitude is where one discovers one is not alone.
~ Marty Rubin
- - - - -

Today is Leslie's birthday. I think birthdays are a time of reflection. Thinking about what the last year has been like. Thinking about what all of the previous years have been like. Thinking about what the next year might be like.

We have a few things planned. Not every moment of the day. Some plans but not a day full of plans. She doesn't like that. Or maybe it's me who doesn't like that. 

She's a little difficult to plan a birthday for. She doesn't like surprises. She doesn't like dessert, so I didn't get her a birthday cake. She doesn't like crowds, so I didn't throw her a party. 

I did get her lamb chops for dinner, but she said she would rather cook them than me cook them for her.

Basically, we're celebrating by not doing anything too out of the ordinary and her cooking me dinner. Hopefully she won't spend too much time reflecting on that today.

Happy birthday, Leslie!

No comments:

Post a Comment