Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Sad

Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness. They may not wear it on their sleeves, but it's there if you look deep.
~ Taraji P. Henson
- - - - -

So when I add photos for future blogs, I label them with titles so when I have an idea, I can find a photo that might go along with it. When I was looking for a photo for today's Valentine's Day post, I just scrolled through what I had. This one I clicked on because I had tentatively titled it "Sad."

"Hmmm," I thought. "I wonder what it is that I thought was sad."

This was a photo I took of Leslie driving away from Pipestem in West Virginia. I imagine I was sad because she was headed back to Pittsburgh and I was going back to Clemson.

She lives here in Clemson now, so I'm not sad about the fact that we live in different places. We don't live in different places.

But sometimes you have to be sad to appreciate when you are happy. I get it now, so I hope I'm not sad again. I prefer to be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment