Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Quiet

I restore myself when I'm alone.
~ Marilyn Monroe
- - - - -

If you find a place that is quiet, stay there. There aren't as many of those places as you might expect. Some places are loud. Very loud. Most places are disrupted - by people, noise, technology, etc. I expect that quiet is going to be a resource that people will figure out ways to sell. Anything rare is valuable it seems.

So if you find a place that is quiet, stay there. Enjoy it. It can be scary to be alone with yourself or your thoughts or your dreams or your fears. Do it anyway. Something good - an answer, an idea - is going to come of it.

And then make sure you don't tell anyone about your quiet place or it will not be quiet any more. Other people will encroach on it. They'll disrupt it. They'll disturb you.

Well, if it's a library do tell them about that. People should go to libraries. Plus they pay people there to tell everyone to be quiet. I'm pretty sure Leslie said she got an A in "Hush 101" in library school.  Except I think she called it "shut the heck up" (or some variation on that phrase).

No comments:

Post a Comment