Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Friends

False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade.
~ John Christian Bovee
- - - - -

I don't think I have any false friends. Honestly, if they were false friends, then they weren't really friends at all, right? I hope that Leslie doesn't take this post the wrong way since it includes shadows of us.  And I hope Jared doesn't take it the wrong way since it includes a note we got from him:

Dear Michelle and Leslie,

Thank you so much for the wine sippy cup and the bacon gumballs.  I won't, however, thank you for the lobster perfume.  As you can smell, it's horrible.  Maybe lobsters find it to be an aphrodisiac, but I find that highly unlikely.  If it weren't for the perfume, my birthday would have been perfect.

Jared.

I don't think of either Leslie or Jared as false friends. I think of them as confused friends sometimes, but that's understandable. Have you ever spent any significant amount of time around me? I'm the kind of person who would send someone lobster perfume.

Also Happy Groundhog's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment