Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2016

Pig

A pig resembles a saint in that he is more honored after death than in his lifetime.
~ Irma S. Rombauer
- - - - -

When I was a kid, my grandparents rented out a barn and some property on their farm to a pig farmer. He kept the pigs there. I remember one summer Erik and I (and maybe some other cousins) decided we would be pig herders. We chased the pigs into the barn and then we chased the pigs out of the barn. We got in trouble for that. Apparently, that isn't how you pig farm.

I liked the pigs. They weren't too big and they didn't seem mean. You could pet them. They didn't bite - though after being chased around, you'd kind of have to forgive them if they did.

Anyway, seeing this LEGO character reminded me of that. I don't know who might like to dress up as a pig, but someone might. Maybe the person who made this LEGO person.

I suppose some people dress up as pigs just like some pigs dress up as people. 

You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment