Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2016

restaurant

Life itself is the proper binge.
~ Julia Child
- - - - -

I like exploring new places. I like learning about people and cultures and food and beliefs. I don't always like what I learn. I don't always agree with the people about whom I learn. But learning is the thing.

When I moved to South Carolina I learned about the "Meat and Three" option for a meal. Meat and three side dishes.

When I move to Japan, I fully expect to learn about the "Tofu and Two" option for a meal. If that isn't already in place, Japan better get on it before I get there.

Other options might include: "Cinnamon Bun and One" or "Hen and Ten" or "Side Dish and Some Other Side Dishes."

What I also like is when my ideas inspire cultures and food and beliefs.  It's good to be a mastication inspiration. (pause) I think. Maybe. Maybe not. Actually probably not. Especially if you go visiting cannibal country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment