Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Unexpected

Some things are so unexpected no one is prepared for them.
~ Leo Rosten
- - - - -

I like to be surprised. I like to be surprised by movies. I like to be surprised in real life. Not scared. I don't really like to be scared at all. Surprised is different. Surprised is when you are set up for the mundane - the routine. When you think you know what is going to happen next, but then it is different. And it makes you realize life isn't so predictable after all.

Like when my mom said, "There is some edamame in the freezer, too."

That was unexpected for me because I didn't know my mom kept edamame in the house.

It was also unexpected for you because you thought this post might be about people in gorilla costumes.

Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment