Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2016

Tree

The category I come closest to is "lumberjack hipster."
~ Kyle Kinane

- - - - -

Kirk:  Did you see Into the Woods?

Me:  Nope.  Haven't seen it yet.  LL wants to know if Into the Woods is a musical.

Kirk:  It is.  A lot of music.

Me:  But is there singing?

Kirk: So much singing.

Me:  By people in the film?  Or the audience?

Kirk:  Film.  The audience I was with clearly didn't know the show.

Me:  Is it about lumberjacks or what?

Kirk:  Seriously?  It's a musical about Paul Bunyan.

Me:  Okay.  Glad I axed.

Kirk:  Meryl Streep plays Bunyan.

Me:  Excellent.  Did she get the axe-ent right?

Kirk:  Yes.  She does.

Me:   I heard that "Chop Chop while you Chop" is a rip off of "Whistle While You Work."

Kirk:  That's a vicious rumor.  But I want you to write that song.

Me:  I also heard her version of "I got you Babe" is amazing.

Kirk: "I got Blue Babe."

Me:  Better.

Kirk:  I was proud of that.

Me:  Will get going on songs.  You write the script.  We need someone who can write music.

Kirk:  Do you know Toni Tennile or anyone from Creed?  They'd be my first choices.

Me:  I do.  Will call them.

Kirk:  YES!  Happy New Year to me!

Me:  And also to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment