Search This Blog

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Creatures

Every animal leaves traces of what it was; man alone leaves traces of what he created.
~ Jacob Bronowski
- - - - -

I think we need to come to terms with the fact that we privilege some animals over others.  We have domesticated dogs and cats (or so they would have us think).  We appreciate deer and rabbits - if they aren't eating our gardens.  We even go so far as to build houses for birds.  Birds which are completely capable of building their own houses.

In all fairness my father has built bat houses and butterfly houses, too. 

But what about a skunk feeder?  My parents have a backyard full of bird feeders but not even one skunk feeder.  And I have yet to see a bison house in my parents' yard.

Whatever.  You people are just going to do whatever you want.  Let me just say, though, when the bison and the skunks take over, I'm the one who will get a special house and feeder in their backyard.

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment