Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Love

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure.  I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle.  But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
~ Marilyn Monroe
- - - - -

Love is about patience, right?  And communication.  And a lot of other things.  And the mix of stuff for any two people is different than any other two people.  For me, humor has to be a big part of it.  If you can't laugh at me, I can't laugh at you and I am pretty sure I'm going to laugh at you.  Wait.  That's not really what I meant.  

Anyway, I think it's good to know how it works between you and the person you're with.  And to be patient and to communicate well.  

And sometimes you have to help your partner understand when they need to behave or calm down or just be quiet for a little bit.  Because s/he might not always know without your help.  And there are lots of ways to communicate that.  Like I said - communication is important.  Like this...

Leslie:  I don't want to do anything to encourage you.
Me:  Why?  I'm encouragable.  You tell me that all the time.
Leslie:  That's INCORRIGIBLE.

Love is about communication and communication is about words.  And different people use words different ways.  Words are fun.  So is communication with words.  And being incorrigible.  That's super-fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment