Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Play

If you want creative workers, give them enough time to play.
~ John Cleese
- - - - -

The other day I was somewhere and I heard something.  And it was this:

Kid to sister:  Can I bite your nose?
Sister:  No.
Kid: Um... (then to sister) Does my breath smell bad?
Me: (thinking)  Don't fall for it, sister.  You go in for the sniff and you're gonna get your nose bit.

And I was thinking...  How did I know that was the kid's tactic?  To my recollection no one ever bit my nose after asking me to smell his or her breath.  To my recollection I never bit anyone else's nose after asking how my breath smelled.

It's just a thing we know.  We oldest siblings.  We know some stuff.

Also, what if the kid had really bad breath?  Then you've got that smell in your nose.  Of course then you probably WANT someone to bite it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment