Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Experiences

A strong and well-constituted man digests his experiences (deeds and misdeeds all included) just as he digests his meats, even when he has some tough morsels to swallow.
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
- - - - -

I love working with people who help me make meaning of my experiences.  There are times that I think I understand things, but by discussing those things with good partners, I am able to clarify my understanding.  Sometimes good others help me realize I was mistaken.  Sometimes they help me be more confident in what I thought was right to begin with.

An example...

Me:  He smells like beef.

Sara:  Really?  I would have guessed pork.

Joe:  Me, too.

Me:  Well, wait.  What's a Slim Jim?  Beef or pork?

Sara:  Beef.

Joe:  And chemicals.

Me:  That's what he smells like.  Beef and chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment