Search This Blog

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Happy

I felt my lungs fill with the onrush of scenery - air, mountains, trees, people.
I thought, "This is what it is to be happy."
~ Sylvia Plath
- - - - -
 
Do you know happiness when you are in it?  Have had a truly happy moment?  A perfect moment of calm and quiet and joy?  Or an ecstatic moment of joyous energy and bliss?  Or a happy moment composed of love and being in harmony with a person or people?
 
Or do you only think back to happier times?  Remembering them as moments of perfection, but maybe not lived as moments of perfection?  Do you miss the moment because you are living in the past or the future?  Do you miss the moment because you are distracted and not present?  Do you live the myth of multi-tasking instead of the fulfillment of focus?
 
I encourage you to be happy.  I don't know that there is a better feeling than to be in a moment and think, "This is what it is to be happy."  The hard part is that you can't force those moments.  You have to let yourself be in those moments.  You have to let them happen to you - to let them happy to you.
 
Most of the time letting things is much more challenging than doing or forcing things.
 
Like a mess.  It is much more difficult for me to let someone clean up a mess I made a few days ago than cleaning it up myself.
 
Wait, that's not a good example.
 
A good example would be...  well, I'll let a good example just come to you.  It's more difficult for me, but I'm trying to be a good role model. 
 
Are you happy now?