Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Food

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.
~ M. F. K. Fisher
- - - - -

The other day I went to an event with some people from work.  It was at the Women's Center open house.  I was in the kitchen sipping apple cider when I heard some colleagues talking about food - something people in kitchens are prone to do.

I believe they were talking about eating the cookies that were provided or maybe going to sample night at Sam's Club...  I really don't know.  I wasn't paying that much attention.  All I know is that the conversation hit its high point when Elliott said, "You don't want to have taste exhaustion!"

Now, I don't know exactly what taste exhaustion is, but I can speculate.  And even if I am wrong, I think I must concur with Elliott.  I do not want to have taste exhaustion at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment