Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Seafood

Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God....I could be eating a slow learner.
~ Lynda Montgomery
- - - - -

One of my family traditions is getting smoked oysters and kipper snacks in my stocking.  I don't really remember when or why this started.  As a kid I got an apple and an orange and other little things.  For the record, stockings are my favorite part of Christmas.  

Anyway, I like getting oysters and kipper snacks, but I have always found that unless I am in the house of my heritage where my parents live, I always have to find a time to eat them when no one else is around.  I'm not sure why seafood in a sealed metal container is so displeasing to people, but it is.

Which reminds me of the time that I went to Epcot and suggested that we eat lunch at Norwayland or Scandinaviaville.  All they had was fish.  The people with whom I went were not pleased.  I, however, really enjoyed the huge number of varieties of pickled herring that were available.

No comments:

Post a Comment