Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

House

The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind. 
~ Khalil Gibran 

- - - - -
My house is an interesting place to live.  You may have surmised that reading some of the other entries in this blog.  Or you may think that I made all that stuff up.  Either way I win — I either live in an interesting place or I have a freakish imagination.

But I digress...

There are lots of different kinds of houses:
Almshouse - charitable housing provided to people to allow them to live in a particular community.
Boardinghouse - lodgers for extended periods
Chouse - cheat, trick, defraud
Clubhouse - a house where cavemen kept their clubs.  why they lived in caves and kept their clubs in houses remains a mystery of the ancient past.
Flophouse /  Dosshouse - cheap lodging, minimal services

So what kind of house do I live in?  A slaughterhouse.  Except without that first s.

No comments:

Post a Comment