Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2014

Boats

Here, Fridays were dedicated to the two Bs - Beach and Boats.
~ Laura Miller
- - - - -
 
I like boats.  They seem quiet.  Well, from a distance.  When you're on them, they may not be so quiet.  They seem to have a direction, though there is no way for me to know from the shore if that is true or not.
 
I don't know how to sail a boat.  I could learn.  I would make some mistakes.  Maybe from the shore, though, it would look like I knew what I was doing.
 
Is life like that?  Up close it is chaotic and jerky and uncertain, but from a distance it slowly follows the course it is supposed to?
 
Maybe.  But sometimes boats sink.  Maybe eventually all boats sink.
 
I like them from a distance.
 
Unless I'm swimming and need rescued.  Then I like them closer up.
 
Like life.  I like it from a distance.  Unless I'm trying to live it. Then I like it close up.
 
(pause)
 
Maybe I'd be really good at sailing boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment