Search This Blog

Friday, November 28, 2014

Stories

I am more modest now, but I still think that one of the pleasantest of all emotions is to know that I, I with my brain and my hands have nourished my beloved few, that I have concocted a stew or a story, a rarity or a plain dish, to sustain them truly against the hungers of the world.
~ M. F. K. Fisher
- - - - -

This is a great quote.  Leslie does this all the time - through stew or story - sustains people around her.  I am thankful for that.  It could be a Granny story, BLTs, a story about a crappy broom, lamb chops, or a story about trying to cook when other people are in the kitchen and in her way.

She is a creative soul.  

I, on the other hand, tells stories through - well words, yes, but also through photos.  Lots of times the photos tell their own stories.  At least each viewer of each photo can make a story about the image that fits her or his experience or the moment she or he is in.

For me, the story told here is...  "Get out of here with that camera!"

Actually, a lot of the photos I take tell that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment