Search This Blog

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Friendship

A faithful friend is the medicine of life.
~ The Apocrypha
- - - - -
 
I like seeing friendship enacted.  Seeing two people and knowing that they have a connection and that they will be there for each other.  They will argue and disagree and support and love and care.  I like that.  I think it's good to watch for it in others because it can help us figure out how to be better friends ourselves and what friendship really looks like.
 
I see that with Patty and Joy.  They are great friends and really support each other.  When Joy took a job in another office, one of them (I forget which) said to the other, "I think we brought the best out of each other."
 
And then someone (who shall remain nameless) said, "You brought something out of each other...  Gas."
 
You might think that ruined the nice friendship moment.
 
Let's not say that it ruined it.  Even if it did, let's not say it.