Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2014

Protection


Happiness is not being pained in body or troubled in mind.
~ Thomas Jefferson
- - - - -

This is not an actual vampire baby.  I just want to reassure you of that off the bat.  It is a...  decoration?  Doll?  Prop?  I saw in a party store around Halloween.  I'm not sure why I took the photo.  I don't find it visually appealing.  I don't really like that this little decoration exists.  But then Halloween is a special kind of time, I guess.

It makes me think about the fact that the body does weird things.  And I'm not talking about the body of vampire babies or the bodies that produce vampire babies.  I'm talking about regular non-vampire-related bodies.  Bodies do interesting things to protect themselves.

Like hiccups.  I am not sure of the purpose, but I bet there is one.  Or when you throw up because you have something in you you need to get out.  Or when you drink something and start to laugh and instead of letting you drown, your body shoots that drink out your nose.

For instance, if you were drinking a bloody Mary and you started to laugh and then your body saved you, you would have a Bloody Mary Nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment