Search This Blog

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Design

A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- - - - -
 
This is where I used to live.  Or at least I resided there.  Did I really live there?  I'm not sure that is mine to determine.  Anyway, I would like you to take a moment to look at the fireplace.  My landlord was so proud of this fireplace (which I feel confident he got on sale somewhere). 
 
I'm not an interior designer.  I sometimes can tell when something doesn't look right, though.  The mirrored frame around the fireplace TV (it put out heat, but I don't know if it was real fire or not.  It looked kind of like cartoon fire.) does not fit at all with the brick surround, does it?
 
I don't think it does.
 
My favorite part of it though, is that he left the poker.  It had been a woodburning fireplace.  You don't need a poker with a gas pseudo-fireplace TV show thing.
 
I could go on about my previous landlord.  And I may. To some of you (Brad, Jessica, Leslie) I already have.  I'm sure that was fun for you.  Kind of like watching fireplace TV with a mirrored frame.  I bet you might have wanted to swat me with the poker a time or two during my complaining.
 
I'm glad people don't walk around carrying pokers all the time.  I just don't see much good coming from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment