Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Lonely

When everything is lonely I can be my best friend.
~ Conor Oberst
- - - - -
 
I am not sure if I have been lonely.  I have been disappointed.  I have been sad not to be with a person or with people about whom I care and whose company I enjoy.  But if loneliness is a lack of companionship, I don't know that feeling.  I have not felt isolate.  I have felt different, but I have not often felt that was a negative thing.  Loneliness seems negative.
 
I think a good name for a book would be Loneliness and the Lioness. 

But can lionesses feel loneliness?  If no, maybe I'm a lioness.
 
No.  No, I'm a person.  Lionesses don't know how to type.
 
I would never title an album, "I Can't Stand to be A Lion."  Becuase what if lions learn how to read?  I bet they'd be revenge-seekers and would feel slighted by that album title and come after you.
 
Maybe I'm not lonely because I have so many thoughts to think.  'Cause I have a LOT of thoughts to think.


No comments:

Post a Comment