Search This Blog

Friday, October 24, 2014

Attention

I truly believe that everything we do and everyone that we meet is put in our path for a purpose.  There are no accidents; we're all teachers - if we're willing to pay attention to the lessons we learn, trust our positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at our door.
~ Marla Gibbs
- - - - -
 
The key to what is written here (I believe) is the pay attention part.  There are miracles all around us and amazing things happening in every moment.  Unfortunately, we sometimes are so bogged down with the negative or in our own heads that we miss the good stuff. 
 
Being positive and finding the good requires work.  I'm not convinced that it is hard work.  Unless letting go of ego and self-absorption is difficult.  Which, admittedly, some days it is.
 
Other days you just have to look to see interesting and good things.
 
When Leslie and I went to a cemetery a few months ago, we were walking around looking at headstones.  We like to talk about what might have happened in the lifetime of a particular person or what the possible relationships are between people buried near one another.
 
I had glanced at this stone and then Leslie pointed out something to me.  You can see it in the photo below (and the one above in case you missed it)  I don't know what it means.  I don't have to know.  I do know that it made me smile.  I'm thinking maybe that was the purpose.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment